There are many advantages in Android rooting for your Google Nexus 5. Once you have rooted your Google Nexus device, you can perform various functions such as flashing a custom ROM, boost battery life, improve the performance, block ads in free apps etc. The only drawback of booting your Android device would be it does void its warranty; so do it at your own risk. Now check out this online guide to root Google Nexus 5 running Android 5.0/4.4.4.
Root Google Nexus 5 Running Android 5.0/4.4.4
There are few simple steps to follow to root your Google Nexus device. You can use these steps for both Android 5.0 Lollipop as well as 4.4 Kitkat OS.
Step 1: Pre-requisites Before Rooting
- It is very important to take a backup of your mobile data because rooting of Nexus 5 will delete most of the data in it.
- Make sure that you install the USB driver on your computer
- Choose the right rooting tool as some tools that are used for rooting void warranty. One of the best tools available in the market is Wonder share Mobile Go.
- To have a seamless rooting process, make sure that your Nexus 5 has at least 70 percent of battery left.
Step 2: We will discuss the steps to be followed using Wondershare MobileGo for rooting your Nexus 5. The tool allows you to take a backup and restore your important information before and after rooting.
I would strongly recommend Wondershare MobileGo for rooting as it is one of the best tool which can root your device in a single click. Apart from rooting it also comes with inbuilt features to backup your data before you root your device. Check out the detailed steps now.
- First and foremost, download the Wondershare MobileGo application and install it in your computer. Launch the application and sign up in the Wondershare Passport using one of the accounts of YouTube, Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter. You can also choose to create an account using Wondershare Passport.
- Using your Wi-Fi network or USB cable, connect your Nexus 5 device to your PC. To do so, just plug in your USB cable between your Nexus 5 and computer. When you connect using USB, there is a MobileGo .apk file that gets installed on your computer automatically. On the other hand, if you are connecting using Wi-Fi, you have to manually download and install the .apk file. Once this step is done, Wondershare MobileGo will recognize your Nexus 5 device and show it on your main window.
- As a last step, open the primary interface of the application, go to the menu and click on “One-Click Root”. This will immediately open a pop-up window and will ask you for a confirmation if you really want to root your Nexus 5 device. Click on “OK” button and the rooting process of your Nexus 5 will start. Make sure that you don’t disconnect your Nexus 5 or run multiple applications that can possibly interfere with the rooting process. After a few minutes, the rooting of your Nexus 5 will be done
Rooting of your Nexus 5 using Wondershare MobileGo will give you a range of powerful features that can help you to manage your Nexus device in a very effective manner! You don’t require any specialized skill set to root your Nexus 5; all you need to do is follow the onscreen instruction. Download Wondershare MobileGo now and start rooting your Nexus device